Are you planning green initiatives to help make your business more energy-efficient? If not, you should be. However, don’t make these five common mistakes.
- Not Fully Committing: Sure, installing energy-efficient light bulbs is a great start, but have you truly committed to the task at hand? If you want to brand yourself as a green business, it’s important to fully commit. Institute green practices throughout your business — don’t just put a band-aid on it and call it a day.
- Trying to Do it All At Once: You can’t go green overnight. Trying to do it all at once can become overwhelming. Create a sustainability plan, identify all areas that need improvement, and begin implementing new strategies one-by-one.
- Not Promoting Your Green Efforts: Don’t forget to publicize your success. Showing good corporate social responsibility helps improve your bottom line — as long as your customers know about it. Let them know about the green initiatives you’ve worked so hard to incorporate.
- Leaving Your Consumers Out of the Solution: Give the public the opportunity to participate in your green initiatives. This can be as simple as adding a donate button to your website or as involved as planning an event that teaches them how to be energy-efficient in their everyday lives.
- Overlooking Simple Options: Don’t forget to implement some of the simpler options. For example, have you installed an energy management system? If not, browse through our selection of power monitoring products now!
Electro Industries offers the world’s largest selection of power monitoring instruments and software. For more than 40 years, we have helped businesses across the globe save money and the environment by reducing energy waste. Contact us today at 866-928-7908 to learn more about our energy management solutions.
May 18, 2017