Make it a goal of yours to save energy no matter where you are. Sure, you can swap out old light bulbs and clean your HVAC filters at home, but what are you doing at work to make a difference? When you save energy, you save money and you also reduce the demand for fossil fuels – it’s a triple threat if you ask us! See below for a few surefire ways to conserve energy both at home and at the office:
- Pay attention to your refrigerator settings. We’ll bet you can get away with raising the temperature a few degrees in both the refrigerator and the freezer without causing any of your food to go bad.
- Don’t wash your clothes in hot water. Simply switching to warm can save nearly 500 pounds of CO2 each year.
- Insulate your ceilings and walls for year ‘round savings. It’ll help keep your home cool during the summer months and warm during the frigid winter months.
- Replace old windows with newer, energy-efficient models. Double-glazed glass really makes a difference.
- Have employees shut down their computers at the end of the day. If shutting them down completely is not a feasible option, at least put them into “sleep” mode to save electricity.
- Ride your bike to work. Not only will it save you in transportation costs, you’ll get a great exercise in, too!
- Have a kitchen in your office? Make the upgrade to energy-efficient appliances and have your employees unplug the devices when they are not in use.
- Install power monitors so you can easily keep track of the energy your company is consuming.
Electro Industries specializes in power meters and smart grid solutions that excel at revenue grade energy measurement, power quality and advanced telemetry. Users worldwide depend on EIG power meters to monitor power information within substations, industrial facilities and commercial buildings.