The Historical Pioneer of Micro-Processor Based Metering
- Founded by Sam Kagan to create the first multifunction meter in 1975
- About our Founder
- In 1981, we released one of the world’s first micro-processor based meters
- In 1996, EIG embarked on some of the earliest
Ethernet power monitoring solutions
- EIG has multitudes of issued patents and trademarks over generations in the field of metering
- Check out some historical orders from the 1970s
40 Years and Counting
Electro Industries/GaugeTech celebrated its 40th birthday in 2015. It seems like just yesterday that we launched our first digital power meter. It used this new technology at the time, called CMOS. It wasn’t until 5 years later that EIG pursued this other new technology – the embedded microcontroller (micro-processor). From then until now, EIG has made it its mission to innovate and produce ground-breaking new technology. We are still an independent company and we still make all of our equipment in the United States.
Over the last 40+ years we have grown in size and capability through our dedication to excellence, responsiveness to our customers’ needs, and pursuit of innovation. To all of our employees, agents and customers, past, present, and future, we say – “Thank you” for helping to bring us to this milestone! Let’s keep growing together.
EIG is One of the Leading Metering Suppliers in the World
- EIG has hundreds of thousands of power metering
- We have been providing metering for over 40 years worldwide
When it Matters, Users Rely on EIG Power Meters
High reliability, good quality, ease of use, excellent support. These are things that matter.
Most EIG users are repeat users. “Our users rely on what is reliable and we make sure that’s us.”
– Erran Kagan, EIG President
EIG’s Commitment to Community